COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information that you supply to use when you participate in any interactive features of the Sites, subscribe to a newsletter or email list, participate in an event, request candle lighting or a prayer, order or purchase (either for yourself or for another person) of devotional items or donations available through the Sites (collectively, the “Products”) or request customer support.
The types of information we may collect from you include:
(1) Account Information, such as your name, email address, password, postal address, phone number, any other information you choose to provide;
(2) Transaction Information, such as information about the Products you purchase and shipping information. We may also collect and store limited payment information from you, such as payment card type and expiration date and the last four digits of your payment card number; however, we do not collect or store full payment card numbers and all transactions are processed by our third party payment processor.
(3) Other Information You Choose to Provide, such as when you participate in a survey, prayer request, promotion or interactive area of the Sites or when you request technical or customer support.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use the Sites, the types of information we may automatically collect about you include:
(1) Log Information: When you visit the Sites, our servers automatically record certain log file information, such as your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, operating system, browser type and language, referring URLs, access times, pages viewed, links clicked and other information about your activities on the Sites.
(2) Mobile Device Information: We collect information about the mobile device you use to access or use the Sites.
(3) Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We and our service providers use various tracking technologies, including cookies to collect information about you when you interact with our Sites, including information about your browsing and purchasing behavior. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve the Sites and your experience, see which areas and features of the Sites are popular, and count visits.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
(1) Provide, maintain and improve the Sites and Products;
(2) Manage your account and send you related information, including confirmations, updates, technical notices, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
(3) Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
(4) Communicate with you about the Sites, Products, Prayers, Events and other news and information we think may be of interest to you;
(5) Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the Sites;
(6) Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
The information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Sites or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
(1) When you participate in the interactive areas of the Sites or interact with us on third party social media sites, certain information that you provide may be displayed publicly, such as your name, photos and other information you choose to provide;
(2) In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, rule, regulation or legal process;
(4) With your consent or at your direction.
The National Shrine of Saint Philomena takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to or from us over the Internet. In particular, email sent to or from the Sites may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email.
You may update, correct or modify information about you at any time by logging into your online account or by emailing us at email@example.com
Last Updated: August 3, 2016